Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Manga Review: Kimi ni Todoke Volume 9 by Karuho Shiina

Publisher: Viz Media
Goodreads Synopsis:

Sawako Kuronuma is the perfect heroine...for a horror movie. With her jet-black hair, sinister smile and silent demeanor, she's often mistaken for Sadako, the haunting character from Ringu. Unbeknownst to but a few, behind her scary façade is a very misunderstood teenager. Shy and pure of heart, she just wants to make friends. But when Kazehaya, the most popular boy in class, befriends her, she's sure to make more than just that—she's about to make some enemies too!

Review:
 
I love this series. I have since the beginning. Sawako is so awkward and shy that she comes off as rude and scary. She thinks so little of herself, as well, that it can be annoying, and I see why some people don't like her, but I do. It's, in a way, adorable. Chizu and Ayane are good for her, protecitve and nice, while also being tough on her when she needs it. The characters are all great.
And Kazehaya. Oh, I love Kazehaya. He's so sweet and charming and embarrassed about things, and happy. I love him. And I love him for Sawako. (Or myself, honestly.)
It's been entertaining and mostly heart warming so far, with Sawako getting closer with her classmates, and with her fumbles and cute moments with Kazehaya.
In this volume, though, it's just frustrating. Because they both confess and think that the other means something different. It's so frustrating how miscommunicative they are, and even more so that it makes sense for them to do this. Because they are both so stupid in thinking of themselves as lower than they are, and it's so frustrating when they do this. It's almost painful to read it as they confess and then she cries because they don't talk about it.
This volume is mostly about them and how they like each other but don't think the other likes them, with other people seeing it and being confused by it. It's ridiculous.
And the end of the volume! Such a cliffhanger. At the time that I read this, I also had three volumes to catch up on, and so I was super upset at having to wait to find out what happens. Still am, really, because I haven't gotten the next one yet.
I'm really hoping that they do finally talk it out in volume 10, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment