Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Manga Review: Awkward Silence, Volume 2, by Hinako Takanaga



Genre: Yaoi, Contemporary Romance (including sex)
Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Publisher: SuBLime (related to VIZ Media)
Publish Date: October 30th, 2012
Volumes: 4+
Spoilers?: Some.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Too shy for love.Satoru and Keigo had plans to go away on vacation together, but Keigo got stuck with mandatory baseball training camp. Shy Satoru has something important to say to Keigo, so he decides to break into the training camp in the middle of the night to see him.

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for mature audiences.

Review:

I’m kind of obsessed with a few different series right now. And this is one of them. (Also: Jiu Jiu.)
It’s just so good. I’m surprised by how good it is, and I’m loving it. I’m loving this series so much.
So. The first storyline in this volume was mainly focused on Tamiya and Satoru, the main couple. Tamiya has to stay at the school for mandatory baseball camp, and Satoru gets lonely; also he believes that Tamiya thinks he’s upset with him, when he’s not, he just can’t express emotions well. So Satoru sneaks into the school to talk to Tamiya. Also, there’s a rumor going around the baseball team that the school is haunted.
This was mainly a sweet, cute, hot story for the two, which was nice. And we got to meet Satoru’s parents, who are awesome. Particularly his mom, who is also expressionless at all times, even though her husband and Satoru can tell what she’s feeling. It’s rather adorable, really.
For the rest of the volume, Satoru notices that Kagami, someone on the student council, maybe has feelings for his childhood friend, Yu. So, Satoru and Tamiya try to push them along. This takes up a good amount of time, since there are some mess-ups, as well as Kagami denying it. Although, the reader sees that it’s true (as does Yu, wink wink).
I like all of the characters, really. I like Satoru and Tamiya, and seeing their relationship develop further, and I’m intrigued by what’s happening between Yu and Kagami. I also really like seeing Satoru’s parents, who we saw more of throughout the volume. I really like his mom, his mom and his father seem really cute together, and I liked seeing how Satoru and his mom got along, seeing as how similar they are. I hope they show up even more in the next volume, and that we meet Tamiya’s parents.
I’m just really enjoying the ride this series is taking me on. The characters are good, I love Satoru’s expressionlessness, the storylines are good, the smut is good. It’s all just really good, great; I’m loving it.
The volumes are being released rather slowly, since we’re pretty much caught up with Japan, but the next volume is already out, and I should be getting it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment