Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Manga Review: Dengeki Daisy, Volume 11, by Kyousuke Motomi



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: VIZ Media (Shojo Beat)
Volumes: 14+
Spoilers?: Some, major ones with warning.

Goodreads Synopsis:


After orphan Teru Kurebayashi loses her beloved older brother, she finds solace in the messages she exchanges with DAISY, an enigmatic figure who can only be reached through the cell phone her brother left her. Meanwhile, mysterious Tasuku Kurosaki always seems to be around whenever Teru needs help… Could DAISY be a lot closer than Teru thinks? Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen plus audiences.


Review:

I never seem to have much to say about this series. Other than the fact that I should review them closer to when I finish them, so that I actually have a clear memory of what happened. But now I have the next volume, and I have to review this one first.
So, drama is happening. The whole gang is preparing for the upcoming stand-off with their Enemy, waiting for more clues, for the Enemy to do something, getting their own stuff ready. But they’re also having fun, trying not to get too stressed out. There are some sweet moments between Teru and Kurosaki. There’s also the budding romance between Rena and Kiyoshi. Then there’s the fact that Rena is engaged, and Teru gets to meet the guy in this volume, who is a total jerk and working for the Enemy.
Then, (SPOILER!) Rena gets kidnapped by her fiancĂ©, and sends a coded message to the gang. That’s around the time the volume ends, when they’re all prepared to kick some ass, face off with some people, get Rena back. I’m not too sure how it’s going to turn out, and honestly the story is getting kind of messy in my mind, but I’m still looking forward to it. 
This review is very short, but I don’t really have a lot to say. I don’t want to get too into what happened, and I’m looking forward to reading what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment