Pages

Friday, February 3, 2017

Manga Review: Oreimo, Volume 4, by Tsukasa Fushimi, Sakura Ikeda, and Hiro Kanzaki


Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Dark Horse Manga
Release Date: 2013
Volumes: 4.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Popular girls vs. geek girls showdown! Kirino's done all she can to keep her two different groups of friends separate, but as much as she'd like to, she can't keep those two worlds from colliding, and this time, big brother Kyousuke may not be able to help her. He's got problems of his own - Kirino's friends can't decide if he's a dreamboat or a pervert! A smash-hit bestseller in Japan, Oreimo is presented in English for the very first time. Who says girls can't be otaku, too?

Review:

I must admit that the sister character had me interested in the beginning. How could I not instantly like a character who literally found a job (as a model, even) in order to continue funding her otaku habit? I love that.
But then everything else about this series just ruined it.
None of the romantic options in this series interests me. Even his sisters' friends. I don’t care about them. And the hinted romance with his sister is just creepy and uncomfortable. I don’t like that at all.
Aside from that, it was also a little boring. I was not impressed with this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment