Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[22]: Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

----------

Finals are coming… Lots of tests and big projects due, plus reviews to write and books to read; it’s way too much work. But, ah, whatever. I’m doing alright (as far as I know, at least). Been doing quite a bit of homework, plus I got several reviews written up and some books read over the weekend. Makes me feel productive, which is nice. Still have quite a bit of work, though, and I will till next week is over. I’m hoping to get several books finished, though, but I just don’t have enough time.
Here’s what I’m reading right now (which, I know, the last book in the series just came out, and I’ve had this book since it came out, so I am so slow, but whatever):

Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie
Genre: YA Dystopian Romance
Publisher: Penguin (Dutton)

Goodreads Synopsis:

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

Excerpt:

“‘They’re not the same,’ I tell him. ‘They don’t connect like yours do. I’ve seen your kind of writing before, but I don’t know what it’s called.’
‘Cursive,’ he says softly. ‘It’s harder to read, but it’s beautiful. It’s one of the old ways of writing.’” (Hardback, pg. 173)

What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment