Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Manga Review: Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Volume 15, by Karuho Shiina



Genre: Shojo
Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5 (Could be rounded up to a 5)
Publisher: VIZ Media (Shojo Beat)
Spoilers?: Some, yes, including for previous volumes.
Volumes: 18+
Available on: Goodreads.

Amazon Synopsis:

Sawako Kuronuma is the perfect heroine...for a horror movie. Nicknamed "Sadako" after the haunting movie character, everyone is afraid to come near her for fear of being cursed. But underneath her scary exterior lies an ordinary teenager who just wants to make friends.

Ever since the near-kiss incident on the school trip, Sawako and Kazehaya have become distant. With Ayane warming to Kento’s affections and Chizuru devastated that her friendship with Ryu is beyond repair, does the change of season mean a change of heart?
Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen audiences.


Review:

I fangirl crazily over every volume of this series. This series is a solid five and I love it completely. I grin every time I think about it. I—just—ah. Ahh.
The volume starts with everyone back at school, and we see some insight, get some idea, of what is going to be happening to each character.
Sawako and Kazehaya are a bit awkward around each other right now, not speaking very much or holding hands or being as close and sweet as they should be. I’m really hoping that we see that change in the next volume; that the hinting from the last volume and this one comes to a head soon. I cannot wait for much longer to see what happens.
Ayane is getting a bit closer to Kento, who obviously has feelings for her. I’m okay with Kento; mostly, I’m looking forward to what happens with Ayane, what her feelings on it all is going to end up being, who she actually falls for. She thinks very little of herself, and I want to see more development in her character.
Then we see the couple that gets the rest of the volume: Chizu and Ryu. In the last volume, Ryu officially confessed to her, and she’s freaking out over it. Chizu doesn’t know how to handle his feelings; she doesn’t know how to deal with not being able to think of him as her brother any more. I feel a bit bad for her, and we even get to see a memory of her and Ryu, when his mother died and their world crashed down around them, and how they ended up relying so much on each other from that point. It was sad, but also very sweet. I liked seeing Ryu and Kazehaya talking about it, as well as how Ayane and Sawako were there for her. The ending was the best, and I’m very excited to see what happens between them in the next book.
I know that some people don’t like it when a series diverts from the main couple to the other characters’ relationships, but I love it. I love getting to know all of the other characters, reading their romances and their family lives and all that. And it’s so well done in this series; I love all of the characters so much. Sawako and Kazehaya are my absolute favorite, no doubt about that, but I do love all of them almost equally.
I’m just… very excited, and ready for the next volume now.

No comments:

Post a Comment