Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Manga Review: Cause of My Teacher by Temari Matsumoto



Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Blu Manga
Publish Date: 2009
Volumes: 1; One-Shot
Spoilers?: No.
Buy it here: Amazon (marketplace). Barnes and Noble (marketplace). Powells. RightStuf!

Goodreads Synopsis:


After gathering up all of his courage, Tohru was finally able to ask out his teacher, the handsome Minazuki. But now that they are seeing each other, there's a problem. Tohru loves how attractive Minazuki looks in his glasses, but his teacher always takes them off when they kiss! Does he not want to see Tohru up close? And why is he kissing a girl with his glasses on? This title also features the continuing adventures of Hiiragi and Asagi, the ninja duo from Shinobu Kokoro.


Review:

I’ve never been a huge fan of yaoi. Not because I have any problem with it, just because I’m straight and so I tend to read more straight-couple stories. Lately, though, I’ve started reading more yaoi, and wanting to read more yaoi, so I might be picking up more in the future. I picked up this one mostly by chance.
It contains several very short stories featuring hierarchical relationships, most of them including a teacher. I’m not going to go into detail about any of them, because it’s really not worth it. I mean, the book is roughly a hundred-sixty pages, and there are six stories and two even smaller bonus stories. A couple focus on a teacher/student relationship, one has two teachers, one has two students, one has a hidden royalty figure and teacher, and one has a royalty figure and his guard. And several of them are very short, and the only reason most of them didn’t feel rushed was because the attraction started before the story did.
I did enjoy the stories. They were shorter than I thought they would be, and I didn’t really form any connection with any of the characters, but I still liked the stories overall. The plotlines were interesting, the attraction was mostly done well, and the sex was nice. The artwork was nice, at least for the most part. 
I don’t really have a lot to say about this, other than it was a good read, very short, and with not a whole lot of depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment