Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wishlist Thursday[46]: Attack on Titan: Before the Fall, and Attack on Titan: Junior High



Two for this week!:
Attack on Titan: Before the Fall 1 by Hajime Isayama, Ryo Suzukaze, and Satoshi Shiki

Publisher: Kodansha Comics

Release Date: March 11th, 2014




Goodreads Synopsis:

A prequel series to the number one bestseller in Japan. Humanity has learned to live in complacency behind its high walls, protected from the giant Titans. But when a Titan-worshipping cult opens one of the gates, a Titan wreaks havoc, consuming the cultists. After the rampage is over, two young Survey Corps members are shocked to discover a pregnant woman's partially digested corpse - with her baby still alive inside it! What will the fate of this "child of the Titans" be? And how will humanity learn to cope with the Titan threat?

--
Attack on Titan: Junior High 1 by Hajime Isayama and Saki Nakagawa

Publisher: Kodansha Comics

Release Date: March 11th, 2014




Goodreads Synopsis:



A spin-off series to the number one bestseller in Japan. Eren and Mikasa enter a new school-- Titan Junior High! However, Eren's hated Titans for years-- can he get along with his new (harmless?) classmates? Featuring all of the characters from the main series as you've never seen them before, this series is sure to delight fans of Attack on Titan with a human vs. Titan volleyball match, a Titan rock band, and much more!



Why?:

I am a huge fan of the original Attack on Titan series. I have some catching up to do, but I’m loving it. There are three (that I know of) spin offs, of which these are two (the third one coming out later this year), plus the guidebook coming out later this year. And I don’t usually go for spin offs, especially while still reading the original series, but I can’t help myself with these. I’m just so interested in the world, and the plot, and the characters. I’m super excited for these, and seeing how they turn out. I’ve barely even read the synopsis for them, wanting it to be a surprise.
I'm a little unsure of the other creators coming in, but I'm being optimistic about it. Before the Fall looks like it's going to be really good, serious, with some good back story, as does No Regrets. Junior High looks like it's going to be really funny, and when I first saw the cover, and the kids all tiny and adorable, I laughed. I'm really looking forward to reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment