Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Manga Review: I.N.V.U., Volume 2, by Kim Kang Won



Rating (Out of 5): ~2
Publisher: Tokyopop
Release Date: 2002
Volumes: 5 (hiatus)
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

When 16-year-old Sey's mom departs suddenly for Europe, she leaves Sey with a new family, the Kangs. This "family" is supposed to be normal, but when her foster brother turns out to be a sister, Sey begins to think that her new home is weirder than her old one. She looks for a job so she can get her own place and escape her crazy life, but the more time she spends with her new sibling, the more she discovers that their lives are intertwined.

Review:

I’m just not very impressed with this series. I don’t think I’ll be getting the rest of them, unless I find them for very cheap or something.
I’m just not invested in any of the characters. I don’t think I know enough about them, or have gotten to know them very well deep down. The point of view changes are weird, there are too many characters with too little development, very skin-deep while trying to make them more in-depth but with too little focus. I have to read it the American way, which I’m not a huge fan of (but I would do, if I felt more strongly about it).
I mean, I’m intrigued, but I think my biggest problem with it is that it’s unfinished. It’s on a long hiatus in Japan, and volume 5 over here is very hard to find. If it had been continued, and continued published over here, then I wouldn’t mind reading more and getting more invested, because I am intrigued. But as is, I’m just not very interested, or motivated to continue. I would rather spend my money on something ongoing, or completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment