Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wishlist Thursday[54]: Say I Love You., Volume 1, by Kanae Hazuki



Say I Love You. 1 by Kanae Hazuki

Publisher: Kodansha Comics

Release Date: April 29th, 2014




Goodreads Synopsis:



FRIENDSHIP? FORGET IT!

Mei Tachibana has no friends—and she doesn’t need them! Ever since her “friends” betrayed her in elementary school, she’s sworn off friendship entirely. All it leads to is betrayal and heartbreak, and she’s well enough on her own. But everything changes when she accidentally roundhouse kicks the most popular boy in school! However, Yamato Kurosawa isn’t angry in the slightest— in fact, he thinks his ordinary life could use an unusual girl like Mei! He won’t take no for an answer, and soon Mei and Yamato embark on an unwanted friendship that will change both of them forever.



Why?:

I was one of the people wishing for this series to get licensed, so upon hearing that it finally was, I was super excited. Am still super excited to get my hands on it.
I’ve watched the anime, and read some of the manga already, and so am already in love with the series. Having the physical books, with these better translations, makes me very excited. Plus, it’s been so long since I first started the series, that re-reading the beginning is going to be refreshing. It’s blurry in my mind, so it’ll be fun to get to meet the characters all over again.
I’m all around just super excited for my copy of the first volume to arrive next week, because I know it’s going to be so very good, and so pretty
I will admit, though, that I’m not sure how I feel about the font on the cover. I think I see the reason for it, but I’m not sure if I agree that it’s fitting for the series. It might look better on the physical copy, though, and it’ll probably grow on me.
Also, as somewhat of a sidenote, it seems like Kodansha is expanding their shojo licenses (I know I've said this before, but oh well). I'm in full favor of that, especially since it seems like Kodansha Japan sure does have some good shojo series. They do have some really good, and really enticing, non-shojo series, that are becoming increasingly hard for me to resist starting, as well, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment