Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Manga Review: Crimson Spell, Volume 4, by Ayano Yamane



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: SuBLime (VIZ Media)
Release Date: June 10, 2014
Volumes: 5+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3. 5.

Goodreads Synopsis:

The key to discovering the secret behind Vald's cursed sword is somewhere in the empire of Zenedoura. With information obtained from Limris - new companion and former Consul of the Empire - Prince Vald decides to head there to see what he can find. Along the way, in order to save a gravely wounded Rulca, he deliberately chooses to turn into his demon self! Vald's uncharacteristic recklessness provokes a tirade from Halvir, who then leaves the group without a word...

Review:

This series is still very plot-heavy, but still very enjoyable.
The problem with Rulca is dealt with in this volume, and the group moves on to entering a new town to move along the main plot. Limris is still up to something, and I don’t think I like him. I’m honestly not hugely invested in the larger plot, even if I do find some of it exciting.
Meanwhile, Vald is having a hard time accepting his other self, even if he has started using it when he needs to. Then he and Halvir have a fight, and make up with some sex. It’s a little adorable, and then very hot, and then sweet again. I just like them, unabashedly. I am reading this solely for them, and I am not ashamed.
Which is to say that I will be getting the next volume, hopefully soon, just for them, and I am excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment