Pages

Friday, August 30, 2019

Manga Review: Shortcake Cake, Volume 4, by suu Morishita


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: May 2019
Volumes: 12.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3. 5.

Goodreads Synopsis:

An unflappable girl and a cast of lovable male roommates at a boardinghouse create bonds of friendship and romance.

When Ten moves out of her parents’ home in the mountains to live in a boardinghouse, she finds herself becoming fast friends with her male roommates. But can love and romance be far behind?

Riku’s kiss sends Ten into a panic. While she tries to understand why he kissed her, Riku is surprised by his own actions. Meanwhile, Chiaki’s feelings for Ten grow.

Review:

I don't think I have ever met a more relate-able character than Chiaki. His struggle with his feelings in this volume in particular—I get him so much.
The boys argue and confront and fight in this volume, as Chiaki's feelings start to be as realized as Riku's. And because of their confrontations, Ten is starting to develop and realize her own feelings in regards to them. As she gets to know both of them better, she has to rethink her own thoughts about them.
This series has already gone back and forth between each character so much that even I don't know which one I prefer for Ten. I don't know which one should get the happy ending with the girl. I just want all of them to have a happy ending, I think. Though particularly Chiaki. I just love Chiaki the most, honestly.


A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment