Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Manga Review: An Incurable Case of Love, Volume 1, by Maki Enjoji


Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: October 2019
Volumes: 7.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 2.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Nurse Nanase has striven to once again meet the prince of her dreams, so how is it he’s become such an aggravating doctor?!

After witnessing a handsome and charming young doctor saving a stranger’s life five years ago, Nanase Sakura trained to become a nurse. But when she meets the doctor again and they start working together, she finds Kairi Tendo to be nothing like the man she imagined him to be!

Review:

I'm a fan of Maki Enjoji, so I was excited for more to be licensed. I'm definitely going to be following this one, and I hope we get more from her and more josei in general.
Sakura thought she found her prince charming five years ago, when Tendo stepped in to save a mans life. Now that she's finally become a nurse and is given the chance to work with him, she's discovered that he's terribly rude in real life.
She immediately gets a different impression of him when she gets to work with him, but thankfully she's also found a passion in being a nurse. And he's also a good doctor, so she has to prove that she can be competent in her job, as well, and decide whether she wants to work in his department.
I found the hospital aspect of the story interesting, and I don't mind it—I have watched some medical dramas. I think some story lines were a little rushed, or maybe forced, more than went smoothly, in this volume. And even their relationship wasn't quite hitting me, I'm not sure if it was the chemistry or the characters.
This volume was just okay to me, which is a little disappointing. I hope that it gets better, as I really want to like it more.


 A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment