Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Manga Review: Daytime Shooting Star, Volume 7, by Mika Yamamori



Rating (Out of 5):
~4

Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)

Release Date: July 2020

Volumes: 12 (+Extra)

Spoilers?: No.

Buy it here: Amazon. Barnes and Noble. Book Depository. Powells. RightStuf.

Volume: 1. 6. 8.

 

Goodreads Synopsis:

 

Suzume has moved to Tokyo and is living with her uncle. Suzume and Mr. Shishio take a trip together for the first time. But something weighs heavily on Mr. Shishio’s mind. Meanwhile, Suzume’s worried about being caught on a romantic outing with her teacher.

 

Review:

 

Suzume is attempting to connect better with Shishio, but Shishio is being reminded of the fact that he's older and he's her teacher. There's a lot of complications because of that, pressures, and a confrontation that we expected to happen at some point. It's not surprising how it goes, but it is rough. And how Shishio responds to it doesn't help anything.

I'm frustrated by this series at this point. It gives us like a tiny piece of progress, and then throws it all away in a second. I understand the drama of it, and I even understand the necessity of real possible issues. But it's still frustrating, and while I've been rooting for Shishio and Suzume, Shishio is starting get on my nerves a little bit with how he's handling these things.

I still feel like there's a definite main couple option here, but it keeps throwing these surprises at me that make me doubt it. I'm never quite sure where it's going next.

No comments:

Post a Comment