Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[8]: Johannes Cabal (#1): the Necromancer by Jonathan L. Howard

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading! All you have to do to participate is:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

---------------

Oh, and I was doing so well, too. Damn.
            Although, honestly, I was still kind of reading the same book as the week before. Which totally sucks of me. Plus, the last week has somehow disappeared. Seriously, it felt like Sunday came, and then there were minor parts of the week, and suddenly it was Sunday again. I have almost no idea where the last week went. It’s ridiculous, and I have not been reading nearly as much as I should be. But, you know, excuses excuses.
            Anyway, here is what I am kind-of, maybe, hopefully, I’m trying to be, reading right now. It was suggested to me by my brother, who is a huge fan of it and wants me to read it really bad. This is weird in the fact that my brother is super picky and hardly ever finds anything he likes or gets very excited about things. It’s not YA, but it does sound good, so I’m giving it a try.
            Johannes Cabal (#1): the Necromancer by Jonathan L. Howard
            Publisher: Random House (Doubleday)

“Cabal had grabbed him by the lapels. ‘How you wished you’d remembered to put an exit in? Is that what you said? Is that what you said?’” (Hardback, pg. 126)

“… Cabal ignored them. He was already on one knee by the body and checking its pulse. None; the blow had killed him outright, which was just as it should be. But he waited. His own heart sank as the corpse’s stuttered back into life, finrillated, and stabilized. The rapid reconstruction of the broken skill and presumed re-formation of the liquidized brain within predictably followed. By the time the former dead man’s eyes had flickered open and he’d said, ‘Ouch,’ Cabal had already lost interest. So---there was no death here, either.” (Hardback, pg. 127)

            So, what are you currently reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment