Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[9]: The Ghosts of Ashbury High (Ashbury/Brookfield, #4) by Jaclyn Moriarty


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading! All you have to do to participate is:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

------------------

Okay, I swear, I am going to try harder to do these every week from now on. I just… I don’t like doing them on days other than Monday, and usually I finish a book over the weekend. Sometimes I’m not really stuck on a certain book yet, or I just forget that it’s Monday and Tuesday is tomorrow. Last week I didn’t do one because, for one, I forgot Tuesday was coming, and two, I was kind of busy. It was my last week on vacation, and now I’m back home, so my schedule should be somewhat back to normal. Although school starts in a couple weeks, and I don’t know how normal my schedule will be then (plus I’m gonna try to get a job, and that’s sure to mess everything up!).
Anyway: I read one book over the weekend, (or, um, more than one? I can’t remember; I was in an airplane for most of one day, and the rest was spent focusing on going in an airplane). And I just got a bunch of manga, so that’s what my main focus is at the moment, but I’m pretty sure the YA book (and I say YA, because I might also be reading several smut-filled adult romances, and I just haven’t decided which ones to get serious about) I’m going to focus on is:
The Ghosts of Ashbury High (Ashbury/Brookfield, #4) by Jaclyn Moriarty
Publisher: Scholastics, Inc. (Arthur A. Levine Books)

“Anyhow, we sang ‘Happy Birthday,’ and when Toby went to blow out the candles, Astrid stepped forward to help. I don’t know why. I think she was overexcited. Anyway, she leaned forward to blow --- and her hair caught on fire!
There was so much screaming!” (Hardback, pg. 224)

·        lockers that wouldn’t open
·         hair being unusually frizzy
·         a toothache
I have to admit, a lot of these things can be explained as normal, day-to-day life rather than as paranormal activity.” (Hardback, pg. 225)

So, what are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment