Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Manga Review: Oresama Teacher, Volume 8, by Izumi Tsubaki



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: VIZ Media (Shojo Beat)
Volumes: 15+
Spoilers?: Yes, some.
Buy it here: Amazon.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Reads R to L (Japanese Style), for audiences T. Mafuyu is the no-nonsense, take-charge and hard-hitting leader of her high school gang. But when she gets expelled for being a delinquent, her mother, fed up with her daughter’ s wayward ways, sends Mafuyu to an isolated school far off in the country.

Summer break doesn’ t mean rest and relaxation for Mafuyu. She has a ton of homework to finish, but finds herself distracted when a drunken colleague shows up at Takaomi’ s apartment. It’ s up to Mafuyu to convince the guy that Takaomi is a good teacher, but will he take the word of an obvious delinquent?!

Review:

I never seem to have much to say about this series. I read the volume and then kind of forget what happened, and then I get the next book, so I have to review the one before it… It seems to be a never-ending circle. Hm.
I think one reason is that I’m so overwhelmed with the amount of characters. There are just way too many characters in this series. And we got introduced to the rest of the student council in this volume, which means there are, like, six more people to remember. There are just too many. And for some reason, there isn’t a character and background synopsis/recap at the beginning of most volumes. That needs to change.
I think I’m going to keep this review short. So, there’s some stuff between the Bancho and Mafuyu, mainly meaning that the Bancho is getting all embarrassed because he likes her but doesn’t know how to act friendly and still be calm. Mafuyu is wondering why her and Hayasaka aren’t closer. We meet a guy that went to school with Saeki, who feels like a rival but is actually on a much lower scale. We see some more of Shinobu and the president’s relationship, which is odd. We meet the rest of the members in the student council, who do look intriguing, even if there are too many people to remember. Saeki accidentally/purposely gives the Bancho and Hayasaka the impression that him and Mafuyu are lovers, which freaks them out. Their school has a festival, which they are trying super hard to make successful because of the bet between Saeki and the principal, but someone keeps going missing at a certain time if they’re in the hallway, and Mafuyu dresses up as her boy identity during this and tries to solve the crime.
I like this series, I find it really funny and enjoy reading all the books. There are just too many characters; I think we’re introduced to too many without getting to fully meet or get used to the others. I do enjoy them, though. I’m interested in finding out what’s behind the people disappearing in the halls thing, as well as what the student council is up to, and just all of the funny bits in the book. I have the next book, so I plan on reading it soon, and I am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Visit http://mangareaders.co/s-oresama-teacher for more updated chapters of Oresama Teacher and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete