Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday[38]: My Man Michael by Lori Foster

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

----------------

So, how is everyone doing? I am recovering from getting wisdom teeth taken out, which is horrible. It’s also finals week for me, which is also quite horrible. I’m getting better, though, and when my finals are over, I not only get a little over a week off (yay!), but I get to see Jeff Dunham later this week. I’m pretty excited for that, and it will be a nice break after those horrible tests.
Here’s this week’s book, a little different from usual (since I usually try to do YA):
Genre: Adult Romance, Futuristic/Time-Travel
Publisher: Penguin (Berkley)
Publish Date: January 27th, 2009

Goodreads Synopsis:

Knocked out in one world, he?ll take on another.

On the verge of a title shot match, fighter Michael ?Mallet? Manchester is injured in a car accident. And just as quickly as his career was taking off, it?s over. Then Kaylie Raine appears, offering him a second chance at becoming whole. Even though Mallet thinks it?s the pain medication talking, he accepts her challenge. And on an extraordinary journey with Kaylie, he?ll get a chance to fight again?to save the woman who has saved him.

Excerpts:

“‘I must point out that despite the differences in our worlds, your behavior is inexcusable.’
‘I find offering up virgins to be inexcusable, so I guess we’re at an impasse, huh?’” (Mass Market Paperback, pg. 104)

“‘Er, Mallet, I do believe she’s about to faint.’” (Mass Market Paperback, pg. 105)

So, what are you reading right now? Anything good? Horrible? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment