Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Manga Review: Kiss Him, Not Me, Volume 8, by Junko


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: December 2016
Volumes: 13+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 7. 9.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Kae reporting! After Nanashima makes a shocking move to declare his feelings, I just don't know what to think. He's always been hot-blooded, but where do we stand now?

There's a more important man to worry about, though...my dad! He's been away for a long time, and my new look-and new friends-take him by surprise. He doesn't know what to think now that his little girl is so popular, so he sets out to do some research of his own.

It's also a rocky time with Shinomiya-kun when he finds out his parents are moving back to Norway?! He's our precious friend, but even his feelings for me could grow cold when I'm creeped out by his cold-blooded pet, Thor. I've got to make this right! will the guys and I be able to convince him to stay?

Review:

I took a bit of a break, but this series is still really fun.
In this volume, we get the fall out from when Nana accidentally pushed himself on Kae. It freaks her out, and it's very understandable. I liked seeing how it was handled, by both of them, and seeing Igarashi's acknowledgment of what it meant for progress.
After that, we get to meet Kae's overprotective father, which is mostly just fun.
The latter half of the volume is taken up with Shinomiya. He's always been a bit of loner, he's been bullied, and now he's supposed to be moving away. I did like the interaction about his iguana, and the meaning behind all of that. While I was not surprised by the ending, it did feel a little anticlimactic, to me. After all the build up, his parents were just fine with it, which seemed odd to me.
Igarashi is still my favorite, and I want more of him. But other than that, this was a fun volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment