Pages

Friday, March 30, 2018

Manga Review: Pearl Pink, Volume 4, by Meca Tanaka


Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Tokyopop
Release Date: 2008
Volumes: 4.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Our little heroine's passed the gauntlet of auditions and been given the chance to star in a new television drama. The real drama takes off from there! Explosions, fighting...and a kissing scene? With Tamako growing closer to Kanji every day, she may be forced to choose between her career and her relationship. As the curtain on Pearl Pink comes to a close, is a happy ending in store for Tamako and Kanji?

Review:

This series was kind of just average for me. The art is definitely her earlier work, but it’s not bad.
The romance is definitely slow going, not taken seriously for most of the series. The ending for the couple, though, was cute, and fitting for them. I do like that the acting part of the series was taken more seriously than some, and that they had to work for it and try their best. The family element, particularly between Tamako and her mother, was sweet and given a nice amount of attention. I liked how seriously that was taken, between them and publicly.
This was a cute series, and I liked reading it. But it was slow at times and a little boring. I did like the ending a lot, though, and I'm glad I picked it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment