Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Manga Review: An Incurable Case of Love, Volume 4, by Maki Enjoji


Rating (Out of 5):
~3.5

Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)

Release Date: July 2020

Volumes: 7.

Spoilers?: Light.

Buy it here: Amazon. Barnes and Noble. Book Depository. Powells. RightStuf.

Volume: 1. 3. 5.

 

Goodreads Synopsis:

 

 Nurse Nanase has striven to once again meet the prince of her dreams, so how is it he’s become such an aggravating doctor?!

After witnessing a handsome and charming young doctor save a stranger’s life five years ago, Nanase Sakura trained to become a nurse. But when she meets the doctor again and they start working together, she finds Kairi Tendo to be nothing like the man she imagined him to be!

At long last, the Dark Lord has been defeated! Wait—it can’t be that easy!

Nanase became a nurse to chase after Dr. Kairi Tendo. Nanase hears that Kairi has requested to study abroad. She is shocked by the news and tells him she doesn’t want to be apart, but Kairi’s response makes her uneasy!

 

Review:

 

Sakura is suddenly confronted with Tendo's past, which he at first refuses to say anything about. When he's given an opportunity he's waited for, though, she has to find the reason why, and she has to decide whether to let him go or not.

Maybe because this isn't the final volume, the story decides to follow the cheesy “surprise! It was all for nothing, because the choice was taken away from them for him to stay” thing. It's really annoying to me when this plot point is pulled. It's kind of unnecessary to me, because they could have gone through his past without him suddenly moving far away.

I really want to like this series more than I do, I think. I've enjoyed Enjoji's series in the past, and maybe it's Tendo? But I'm just not hitting it off with this couple, or this story, or something, as much as I have in the past. I really want to, though, I'm really trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment