Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Manga Review: Waiting for Spring, Volume 7, by Anashin


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: July 2018
Volumes: 10+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 6. 8.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A sweet shojo story of a soft-spoken high school freshman and her quest to make friends, Waiting for Spring will delight fans of earnest, fun, and dramatic shojo like Kimi ni Todoke and Say I Love You.

Mizuki is a shy girl who's about to enter high school, and vows to open herself up to new friendships. Of course, the four stars of the boys' basketball team weren't exactly the friends she had in mind! Yet, when they drop by the café where she works, the five quickly hit it off. Soon she's been accidentally thrust into the spotlight, targeted by jealous girls. And will she expand her mission to include... love?

Review:

The school festival finally starts, and we get to see Mitsuki's hard work pull off.
Mitsuki's relationship with Aya-chan is complicated. I want to just dislike Aya and call it good, but then the story focuses on their relationship for a while, and we see him be cute and sweet to Mitsuki, and more mature than the boys, and we see that their relationship is nice. I might not want to like Aya, and am definitely not rooting for him, but I can appreciate his character, I suppose.
Aside from that, there's all the festival activities, the dressing up and picture-taking, and it's very fun. And then we finally, finally get to see Towa make a step forward with Mitsuki. It's not the step I thought he was going to take, and she didn't react how I thought, either, and yet it's super sweet, and honest, and it's mature on a different level, I think. It makes me super excited to read the next one.
I'm really quite hooked on this series. It's such good, fluffy, high-school shojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment