Pages

Monday, December 25, 2017

Manga Review: Waiting for Spring, Volume 1, by Anashin


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: July 2017
Volumes: 8+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 2.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A sweet romantic story of a soft-spoken high school freshman and her quest to make friends, Waiting for Spring will delight fans of earnest, fun, and dramatic shojo like Kimi ni Todoke and Say I Love You.
Mizuki is a shy girl who's about to enter high school, and vows to open herself up to new friendships. Of course, the four stars of the boys' basketball team weren't exactly the friends she had in mind! Yet, when they drop by the cafe where she works, the five quickly hit it off. Soon she's been accidentally thrust into the spotlight, targeted by jealous girls. And will she expand her mission to include... love?

Review:

Mitsuki is at a new school, because she wants a new start. But she's struggling to make friends. In a failed love confession, she ends up forming a friendship with the four most popular boys in school, though she has a hard time accepting this at first. When she makes some female friends, she also has to get around some prejudices before settling into these new friendships.
Mitsuki is a pretty normal girl, and while she struggles at times with other peoples' opinions, she ends up forming a stronger stance on these things. I do really like Asakura, and I think the rest of the guys are fun as well. I think we're slowly getting to know each other character and learning their personalities, and I like that. By the end of the volume, I felt like I had an idea who each person was. I also enjoyed the variety, and how the one girl friend that she finds, has a BL mindset.
This was a much more fun volume than I expected, and I'm really looking forward to reading the next one. I'm intrigued by where that cliffhanger is going, in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment