Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Manga Review: Magi: Labyrinth of Magic, Volume 25, by Shinobu Ohtaka


Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Shonen Sunday (VIZ Media)
Release Date: August 2017
Volumes: 37.
Spoilers?: Yes.
Volume: 1. 24. 26.

Goodreads Synopsis:

An epic dungeon-busting adventure inspired by One Thousand and One Nights!

The three nations of Sindria, Leam and the Kou Empire now ponder the story of Alma Tran as told by Aladdin. The tragedy of that fallen world has lessons for all, but disagreements among these powerful countries could mean tragedy might happen all over again! Then, shocking news arrives from the east—a new power is rising in the Kou Empire!

Review:

While everyone was holed up in one spot getting a history lesson, they're still debating what side to take and what to do next, when they get the news that someone else was working to take control. Yep, Judar informs them that he's been working with Hakuryu, to overthrow the Kou empire. They've collected a following, and they're ready to kill the dictator-like queen, it seems.
I find it funny that all of this has been happening in the background, while everyone was getting a history lesson from Aladdin. It gives Alibaba a reason to make a quick decision on what side to take and what to do about it, though.
I'm only, like, kind of paying attention to this series. I'm very behind, and I keep forgetting I have it to read. I think it's too high-fantasy for me, when I originally thought I would enjoy it.


A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment