Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Manga Review: Kiss Him, Not Me!, Volume 12, by Junko


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: 2017
Volumes: 14.
Spoilers?: Yes.
Volume: 1. 11. 13.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Hiya! It’s me, Kae. Everyone came all the way to Hokkaido to rescue me from Tah-kun, but just as we were getting away, Mutsumi-senpai fell from a cliff and hit his head! Now Mutsumi-senpai is in the hospital and won’t wake up! But no matter how long it takes, I refuse to leave his side until he’s conscious again. It’s my fault that he’s here, and I’m going to do everything in my power to bring him out of his coma—even if I have to draw some magic circles and call upon a few spirits! But will my otaku skills really be enough to bring him back? Or will I have to borrow a method from a fairy tale to wake this sleeping bishonen? Either way, this experience has made me realize something about Mutsumi-senpai, and when he wakes up, I may just finally make my decision …

Review:

Mutsumi is in a coma for most of this volume. Of course, Kae is extremely worried and refuses to leave him unless absolutely necessary. It makes sense, given her history, that she worries herself skinny again.
I can honestly say that I didn't expect this to be the outcome of the harem. Even as this plot line started, I was doubtful. I still thought something else was going to come along to dramatize it or change Kae's mind. After reading that the author intended for this from the beginning, I accept it, though I'm still surprised.
I will admit that he's probably my second choice—I've been voting for Igarashi from the beginning, and he's still my favorite. But Mutsumi is also very sweet and I think he works with Kae, for the most part.
Now that they're official, though, we get to see how their dynamic is actually going to work. Kae is still a crazy otaku, and sometimes that comes first for her. He's rather supportive, but he might have to draw the line at a few things. I'm intrigued to see how this develops, and how they compromise for each other and discuss these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment