Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Comic Review: Book Love by Debbie Tung


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Release Date: January 2019
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Bookworms rejoice! These charming comics capture exactly what it feels like to be head-over-heels for hardcovers. And paperbacks! And ebooks! And bookstores! And libraries!

Book Love is a gift book of comics tailor-made for tea-sipping, spine-sniffing, book-hoarding bibliophiles. Debbie Tung’s comics are humorous and instantly recognizable—making readers laugh while precisely conveying the thoughts and habits of book nerds. Book Love is the ideal gift to let a book lover know they’re understood and appreciated.

Review:

Given that I'm a bookworm, there's no way I wasn't going to enjoy this book. There's simple pages of book-related moments and statements and essentials and preferences. There's definitely a lot to relate to here.
I will admit this didn't hit me as much as I expected; it wasn't exciting or hugely funny, and I think I expected a bit more, maybe because of the other books I've read recently that influenced that. It's a quieter book, though, which makes sense given the subject. I think I just needed to go in with different expectations.
I'd definitely recommend it for other book-lovers, and I'm still going to pick up her other collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment