Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Manga Review: Horimiya, Volume 13, by Hero and Daisuke Hagiwara


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: January 2020
Volumes: 14+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 11. 14.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Just like Hori and Miyamura themselves, their friends are multifaceted too, with a variety of faces for their outside lives and home lives. And lovable pest Iura is no different! As it turns out, at home, he's a stern but kind big brother to his kid sister! Will Hori and Miyamura get to experience this surprising side to their friend?!

Review:

Despite how utterly I love this series, I must admit that the cast is getting a bit too forgettably big. The beginning of this volume focuses on one character that we don't see too often, and who sometimes I confuse with another. And then another portion of the volume focuses on a minor character whom I do like. But mainly I just wanted more fun stuff between Hori and Morimiya. Is that too much to ask?
We do get some cutesy stuff, of course. And some fun classroom antics; I do like all the friendship dynamics, so these are fun as well. I like all of the side characters, but I think I love the main romantic couple so much, that I just want all of the focus on them sometimes. But still, a fun volume nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment