Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Manga Review: The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan, Volume 12, by Puyo, Nagaru Tanigawa, and Noizi Ito

Rating (Out of 5): ~3

Publisher: Yen Press

Release Date: May 2020

Volumes: 12.

Spoilers?: No.

Buy it here: Amazon. Barnes and Noble. Book Depository. Powells. RightStuf.

Volume: 1. 11.


Goodreads Synopsis:


The series is over-but Haruhi-chan's antics will never be!
Fueled by her now-legendary melancholy, the absurd adventures of Haruhi-chan continue, utterly unbound by the laws of reality! Cozy up under the kotatsu with Haruhi-chan and the Brigade-for as looong as you like. Take flight with Haruhi the superhero as she swoops in to save the day...on her own terms! Bask in the obligatory swimsuit chapter! All leading up to the final chapter! And the final chapter! And the stunning Final Chapter!!!


Review:


I didn't read any of the main series, nor did I watch any of the anime for this series. I've always wanted to, but I haven't. Since this volume seems to be mostly after-the-ending episodic stories and comics, this wasn't too bad.

I'm sure any fan of the original series would have enjoyed this a lot more, though. I was rather lost, as it became imperative that most of this includes insider jokes, and I was even confused by the art style since sometimes the characters would look completely different in different chapters.

I did enjoy some of the chapters, though. There's a comedic zombie scenario; a cute scene with the characters out of high school, including the main couple; and then some fun kotatsu-in-the-club-room scenes.

Still, this was an okay volume, and I am a bit curious by the different relationships between all of the characters. For people following the series, though, I'm sure this was a fun volume to read.



A review copy was provided by the publisher, Yen Press, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment