Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Manga Review: Kagerou Daze, Volume 2, by Mahiro Satou, Jin (Shizen No Teki-P), Sidu, Wannyanpuu-

Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: 2015
Volumes: 8+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Momo Kisaragi has a problem. She has to be the center of attention. In fact, she can't get people to stop looking at her. But when a chance encounter leads her to discover the strange truth behind her eye-catching ability, she's thrust into a deadly hostage situation that's far more than she bargained for--and that's before she runs into her shut-in brother, Shintaro!

Review:

I really want to like this series, and the idea of it still intrigues me. But given that this volume was in the same time as where the first one started, I’m feeling more unsure now.
I do typically like seeing alternate points of view, seeing what happened in other peoples minds. It was done well here, given that this time we’re with the sister, and she is meeting the group in a very different way. We get to see them and know them better here, and see what happens in the hostage situation better. I do like the group of characters—they intrigue me a lot, and the idea of what is happening is interesting.
But there wasn’t much progression in this volume. I’m still not much closer to the characters or figuring out what is happening, or what the objective is. I’m a little confused.
I might pick up the next one when I get the chance, but I might not. I’m just feeling iffy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment