Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Manga Review: Citrus, Volume 3, by Saburouta


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Seven Seas
Release Date: 2015
Volumes: 7+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Yuzuko Aihara, a high school girl whose main interests are fashion, friends and having fun, is about to get a reality check. Due to her mom's remarriage, Yuzu has transfered to a new, all-girls school that is extemely strict. Her real education is about to begin.

From Day One, happy-go-lucky Yuzu makes enemies, namely the beautiful yet stern Student Council President Mei. So what happens when a dejected Yuzu returns home and discovers the shock of her life: that Mei is actually her new step-sister who has come to live with her? Even more surprising, when Mei catches Yuzu offguard and kisses her out of the blue, what does it all mean?

Review:

I want to love this series, but it kind of makes me uneasy.
Yuzu seems to be feeling completely one-sided love for Mei. Mei appears to be completely uninterested, and even just put-off by Yuzu’s feelings, though I do think that there’s something big she’s hiding still. A new character is introduced, an old friend of Yuzu’s, but she just feels pushy and harasses the two of them, then blackmails Mei.
This series makes me feel bad, uncomfortable. I want to like the relationship developing between Yuzu and Mei, but all the drama from other people, the blackmailing and using, makes me dislike it.
The cliffhanger makes me a little intrigued in the next one… But I just don’t know if I can read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment