Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Manga Review: Real Account, Volume 2, by Okushou and Shizumu Watanabe


Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: May 2016
Volumes: 15+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A MOTION TO MURDER
Thanks to Ataru's genius strategy, he and Koyori make it to the next round of life-or-death games in Real Account. But the newest game they encounter will have Ataru and Koyoi facing untold levels of cruelty as they stand trial for past secrets and mistakes. And when Ataru's turn to take the stand comes, his worst fears come true when his most shocking secret is revealed!

Review:

More death in this volume, more tricks and games played. And then we meet a new character, and he’s a bit psychotic. I don’t like him.
I’m having a hard time seeing the point behind all these death games. I mean, in this volume they’re split into groups where over half are killed on purpose, and I don’t see the point in that? It sure seems like they’re weeding out most of the people at this point, there can’t be that many left. And now there’s a time limit on it. I guess whoever’s behind it is just wanting to murder a bunch of people? I don’t see any reason for it.
I also am not getting to know any of the characters enough, I’m not attached to any of them. And if that’s purposeful, it doesn’t make sense to me, because that just gives the reader less reason to continue with the series. It’s more powerful if you’re attached.
I’m feeling very iffy about this one. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment