Pages

Friday, August 18, 2017

Manga Review: Anonymous Noise, Volume 3, by Ryoko Fukuyama


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: July 4, 2017
Volumes: 13+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Music and longing collide in this ballad of unrequited love!
Nino Arisugawa, a girl who loves to sing, experiences her first heart-wrenching goodbye when her beloved childhood friend, Momo, moves away. And after Nino befriends Yuzu, a music composer, she experiences another sad parting! With music as their common ground and only outlet, how will everyone's unrequited loves play out?
At long last, Nino makes her TV debut as "Alice," the new singer for the popular band In No Hurry to Shout. But Momo's rejection has left her spiraling out of control, and her unconventional performance leaves everyone stunned! What will come of this shocking debut? And what will become of her deepening friendship with Yuzu, when both of them are concealing their true selves?

Review:

The first big performance goes by, and it seems to go well. At first, it feels like I'm finally getting a sense of how her singing sounds, but then I just get confused. Because it looks like she's just screaming? And yet everyone seems to love it, and the band seems to play with it really well. I'm really not too sure, by the end of it.
Their band is going to be competing with a very similar, new, masked band. I like how some of them care, and others don't at all. I also really like that, despite their competing and mixed feelings, Nino and Miou have a really good friendship. They understand each other, and Nino is very persistent about talking to her. I like that.
In a similar vein, Yuzu and Momo have also formed an unknowing friendship, which I also like. Though the ending gives a twist to that.
Aside from all of the friendship, Nino and Momo finally come face to face and get to talk to each other. And it's... It's good for Momo, I guess? Nino has some conflicted feelings regarding it, though.
I'm really enjoying this series so far. I like the odd mix of humor and significant moments as the story progresses. I'm intrigued where the romance is going, but I like the musical element and band play more. The friendships are also really strong, and I am enjoying seeing those form and grow.


A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment