Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Manga Review: Dreamin' Sun, Volume 2, by Ichigo Takano


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Seven Seas
Release Date: July 2017
Volumes: 10.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Home Is Where the Heart Is

When Shimana fails to work up the courage to ask Asashi out on a date, she decides it's time to get a makeover as part of her self-improvement plan. But when she calls Asashi to come check out her new look, she's too preoccupied with his own crush to pick up the phone. Is her transformation all for nothing? And what are those weird heart palpitations Zen's getting every time he looks at Shimana? It's a full house of unrequited love and self-discovery in volume 2 of this slice-of-life romance!

Review:

In this volume, there's a makeover, a couple love confessions, and in the end, Shimana throws a fit and runs away.
This series is very... cheesy? It could be that I just don't like Shimana very much. She's a bit dramatic, and in this volume she makes a big deal over getting a makeover to impress Asahi. At times, her actions get on my nerves a bit. She also gets jealous when her possible friends from school start fawning over her roommates. She's just not really my kind of character.
But on the other hand, Zen is great. He's embarrassed easily, and awkward, and quite adorable. There's also the maturity of some decisions made in this series. The plot isn't very slow, which is nice, but it's not rushed or anything. I like that there are two important love confessions in this volume, plus another character admitting his feelings.
This series is iffy for me at the moment. I really like some points, and others bother me a little. The plot seems a little childish and cheesy sometimes, but then at other times it's smart and mature. It's up and down for me, but I'm going to give it a few more tries, I think, because I want to like it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment