Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Manga Review: Anonymous Noise, Volume 5, by Ryoko Fukuyama


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: November 2017
Volumes: 14+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 4. 6.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Music and longing collide in this ballad of unrequited love!

Nino Arisugawa, a girl who loves to sing, experiences her first heart-wrenching goodbye when her beloved childhood friend, Momo, moves away. And after Nino befriends Yuzu, a music composer, she experiences another sad parting! With music as their common ground and only outlet, how will everyone's unrequited loves play out?

Nino is determined to become a guitarist good enough to play onstage, and the members of In No Hurry have gathered for a weekend training camp to support her! Meanwhile, Momo makes a decision regarding his feelings for Nino and seeks her out once more…

Review:

They're gearing up for the big performance; everyone is preparing. Nino doesn't know how to handle Momo, and at the same time is trying to get better and prepare, and working herself almost too hard at times.
I really wish I had an idea of what Nino sounds like. I know this has been said before, that I've said it, but when Yuzu tells her to sing and let it out, and it looks like she's screaming or yelling, it's hard to see music and lyrics behind that. And it just confuses me on what the audience is hearing.
In this volume, we also get a confusing message from Momo. I do like how Nino handles it, because I was worried she was going to blow off the band or have a melt down, but she stuck through it, even if she's a basket case during performances. I'm wondering where this is going next, now.
I like all of the characters, and I'm not sure what's happening or what I want to happen. Some of it's confusing and messy. But it is still fun to read.


A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment