Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

Manga Review: Liselotte & The Witch's Forest, Volume 4, by Natsuki Takaya


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: April 2017
Volumes: 5 (Hiatus)
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3. 5.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Liselotte's house has become even livelier with the additions of the witch Hilde and her familiar, Myrte. But one day, Vergue, a witch who hates all humans, attacks the household to drive Lise and the others away! Why is it so difficult to live a peaceful life?

Review:

We get a few new things here. We get some new information regarding Vergue, who has been bullying the other witch's in the house. Nothing is really resolved here, but I'm curious about where this will lead. He's a bit of a petty jerk, but it seems obvious that he has reasons that will be explored. I really like seeing how good-hearted Liselotte is during this—even though someone's awful to her, she still tries to see the good and convince them otherwise.
Aside from that, we also got a bit of insight into what happened with Liselotte before all this, and what her brother and his people are up to. It's only feeling like hints so far, and I'm curious but wary about it. I like Lise, and I don't want them to be awful to her. I still don't quite understand what they want or why yet, but seeing their confrontation before she was banished was quite emotional. It was powerful, and honestly only made me appreciate Lise more.
I'm really intrigued by this series. It's odd and captures me every time, and I don't really know where it's going, but I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment