Pages

Friday, May 31, 2019

Manga Review: The Demon Prince of Momochi House, Volume 13, by Aya Shouoto


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: January 2019
Volumes: 15+
Spoilers?: No.
Volumes: 1. 12. 14.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Himari Momochi inherits a mysterious house that comes with its own gorgeous demon guardian.

On her sixteenth birthday, orphan Himari Momochi inherits her ancestral estate that she's never seen. Momochi House exists on the barrier between the human and spiritual realms, and Himari is meant to act as guardian between the two worlds. But on the day she moves in, she finds three handsome squatters already living in the house, and one seems to have already taken over her role!

Review:

The plot line in which Himari gets separated from her body lasts much longer than I expected, and then goes into a whole other plot with Kasha.
It's kind of hard to worry too much about these characters, as I have such little doubt that they're not going to be okay, and I think I'm just having a hard time caring or connecting with them at this point.
Aside from that, Himari gets to watch and worry for the first half of this volume. And then things get switched around, and so she worries and tries to do what she can to fix things. She's put through a test to save Aoi, and it looks like some questions regarding Aoi might be answered in the next volume. At least, his relationship with Kasha, and why it's so twisted.
I don't mind this series, but I really wish I liked it more, that I cared more. I'm just ehh on it right now, I guess.


 A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment