Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Manga Review: Kiss Him, Not Me!, Volume 13, by Junko


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: February 2018
Volumes: 14.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 12. 14.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Heya! Kae again! I can hardly believe that Mutsumi-senpai and I are a couple! And on top of that, Mirage Saga has a sequel?! Pinch me, I must be dreaming!

But maybe I'm not in paradise, after all...I got carried away with the Mirage Saga Event and ended up ditching my date with Mutsumi-senpai to spend time with his friend, Yashiro!

And when Mutusmi-senpai finds out about everything, he forces me to face and unthinkable question: who do I love more, Shion or Mutsumi-senpai?! Ohhh...what will I do? Do I go with boys love or the boy I love?!

Review:

Kae is forced to make the true decision in this volume: the real boy (Mutsumi) or her anime obsession (Shion)?
It's a hard decision for her, because she's truly obsessed with her fictional boys, and it's hard to give that up. When there's a special event, she automatically must go, even if Mutsumi wants to do something instead. Mutsumi lets her get away with it for longer than he should, but he's also the only one who sees the real issue. He understands what the true reason behind all this is, and doesn't blame someone else unnecessarily.
It's nice to see the gang still help each other despite being rejected; they're all still friends. I also liked that Kae's competition ended up being the real life version of her fantasies. It was a little cliché, but I also appreciated it, and how it was handled for the most part.
The next part is the conclusion, and I look forward to seeing how it wraps up. I like that instead of making her harem decision be the final one, it made her go through these things as well. Because she is an odd character, and can be a hard girlfriend to have, and it's good they both had to face that.

No comments:

Post a Comment