Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Manga Review: Kiss Him, Not Me!, Volume 14, by Junko


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: July 2018
Volumes: 14.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 13.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Kae here for one last huzzah! I went all the way to Shiga to tell Mutsumi-senpai he's the only one for me! There, we ended up spending the night together in a hotel, and ... !!! Well, let's just say things would have gone a little differently if it was one of my BL ships!

And remember how Mutsumi-senpai is graduating this year? He suggested that we spend time making as many memories as we can, but also says his dream college is all the way in Kyoto...

Aaahh, what do I do?! I don't want him to give up on his dream! Will we find our happy ending, or is that the sort of thing that only happens in doujinshi?

Review:

This series wrapped up rather sweetly. The last hurdle for Kae and Mutsumi is graduation, as college can be a big change. It causes some worry for a brief period, as they're also starting to deal with intimacy between them at the same time.
The epilogue featured a big time skip at the end, and I wasn't terribly surprised. This is a bit of a stereotypical series, so it made sense for it to use this theme as well. I think it worked relatively well, though, and that Kae's fluctuating weight ended up being a running thing.
I enjoyed this series overall. It had good and bad moments, but I think it used its humor to the best of its ability to make it work. It was a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment