Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Novel Review: Dead and Loving It by MaryJanice Davidson



Genre: Adult Supernatural/Paranormal Romance - Short Stories Collection
Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Penguin (Berkley Sensation)
Spoilers?: No, just general plot.

Goodreads Synopsis:

 The Barnes & Noble Review
The queen of comic, erotic, other-species romance brings her best setups and hottest sex scenes to this four-novella party. Three of them feature the baaad Wyndham werewolves, who find unanticipated love with often reluctant earthlings.

In "Santa Claus," Alec Kilcurt, the most powerful werewolf in Europe, falls for Santa-clad Giselle Smith and wins her over with lots of oral sex and a heavy Scottish accent. In "Monster Love," bad-tempered Janet Lupo is kidnapped by a sexy werewolf. Then there's the story of Doctor Drake Dragon and his unusual encounter with Crescent. Finally, following the events of Undead and Unreturnable, a psychic werewolf, Antonia Wolfton, receives a vision to show up at Queen Betsy's Minneapolis home to help and falls hard for George, the fiend in the basement. It's all pure Davidson fun. Ginger Curwen

Available on Amazon.

Review:

I don’t really have a lot to say about this, so this is probably going to be a small review, but I did want to talk about this book.
Dead and Loving It is a collection of four short stories by MaryJanice Davidson, some from the Wyndham Werewolves series, and one of them from the Undead series. Now, I read the first three stories a while ago, and enjoyed all of them and read them rather quickly. My favorite was probably Santa Claws, a story in which a werewolf finds his mate in an insecure woman collecting donations during the holidays. However, all of the stories were very cute and funny.
The last one, though, is the one I wanted to talk about most. It’s the one from the Undead series, about George the Fiend. And, my biggest thing about this, is the fact that I didn’t pay attention to what it was about when I read the first three, only that it was based after Undead and Unreturnable, and so I had to read that book first, and then after reading it and reviewing it, and mentioning how I wanted more of George in that review, I picked this up and read it and found out that Davidson had wrote a whole short story for George. I was very surprised, but also very excited.
And the story, A Fiend in Need, was very cute, and funny, starring a werewolf who doesn’t turn into a werewolf but instead has visions, and I really enjoyed it. I liked Antonia, the girl who falls for George (whose name is actually not George), and I still really enjoy George’s character, and their romance was rather odd but adorable. Mostly, I was just pleasantly surprised with this little story.
Now, I’m very much looking forward to reading the next book in the Undead series, where I will hopefully get to see more of Antonia and George.

No comments:

Post a Comment