Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

Manga Review: Anonymous Noise, Volume 18, by Ryoko Fukuyama


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: January 2020
Volumes: 18.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 17.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Music and longing collide in this ballad of unrequited love!

Nino Arisugawa, a girl who loves to sing, experiences her first heart-wrenching goodbye when her beloved childhood friend, Momo, moves away. And after Nino befriends Yuzu, a music composer, she experiences another sad parting! Luckily, Nino reunites with Momo and Yuzu in high school, but things haven’t played out the way anyone expected…

With Yuzu back in Japan, In No Hurry’s yearlong hiatus is over! As the band sets out with excitement and trepidation to perform on Rock Horizon’s largest stage, how will Yuzu reconcile his past with his present? There’s no turning back once everyone’s secrets are laid bare!

Review:

Everything is leading up to Rock Horizon, where both bands are playing, the stage they've been waiting for. Finally it's here, and it's awesome for all of them.
And then Nino gets to declare her decision between Yuzu and Momo. It definitely felt like the story was leaning toward one more than the other, and I thought I knew who it was going to be, and I was wrong.
At first I was quite upset about this. While I really like them both, and both of them with Nino, even, I was leaning more toward the other one. By the time I got to the end of the volume, though, I'd warmed up to it. I can't deny their relationship is good, and that they've both grown a lot individually in order to be more stable together.
It still makes me sad for the other one, though.
Aside from the conflict there, this was a really good conclusion to the series. It's very sweet and thoughtful and heartwarming and strong. It wraps things up in a really sweet way, all the way to the last page.
I'm quite happy with this series, all the way through. Now I might watch the anime, in order to hear the real bands playing.


A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment