Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Manga Review: Go For It, Nakamura! by Syundei


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Seven Seas
Release Date: 2018
Volumes: 1.
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Nakamura has fallen in love-at-first-sight with one of his classmates, Hirose–but there's a problem: they haven't actually met yet... and Nakamura is a total klutz who might bungle things before they even begin!

Review:

This is a very lighthearted, one-shot manga. It actually has a shonen feel to it. It's mainly an all-boy cast, featuring Nakamura, who's got a crush on Hirose, the pretty, happy-go-lucky boy in his class. This stars Nakamura's attempts at getting closer to Hirose, some failed and some successes.
This was an okay story. It doesn't particularly stand out to me, but I enjoyed it. I will admit I usually read the more smutty yaoi stories, whereas this is more friendship-focused and sweet, with some funny high school antics involved.
It was fun to read, though, and I'm intrigued by the managakas other story, since I know it's a very different genre while still yaoi. I'm intrigued by that aspect, the diversity of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment