Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[3]: Black Dawn (Morganville Vampires, #12) by Rachel Caine

 Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading! All you have to do to participate is:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

--------

I know I’m very… ah, not continuous with my memes; sorry. I’m still unsure as to whether or not it’s going to be a frequent thing, or what. Again, sorry. Also, sorry I haven’t been doing too well with my posting schedule. First I was sick, and then I had way too much school stuff going on, that I didn’t have any time for it. I should be back to normal for the next few weeks, though, before I go on a vacation-type thing, where I have no idea what my schedule will be like. I’ll talk more about that when it gets closer, though.
Anyway, onto the book! I’ve been reading this for way too long, and I’m a little upset about it (mostly because of how much I love this series). I should be finished with it soon, like within the next day or two, though. And hopefully my quotes will just add to your excitement, along with the authors quotes before the release on her blog. (Why was it that I kept finding the pages that she took quotes from? Finding quotes for this book was much harder than it should have been.)
Happy Reading! :)
                    
“Shane silently flipped one to her. On the casing was drawn, in black marker, the alchemical symbol for silver. Definitely Myrnin, because only he would think to write a warning that nobody but the two of them could possibly read. ‘How do you know what this means?’
Shane looked faintly injured. ‘I make it my business to know everything about silver. And I saw your notes. I study up on everything when it comes to your boss, anyway.’ There was a flicker of jealousy about that, but she didn’t have time, or energy, to consider it very much. Not even whether she liked it.” (Hardback, pg. 27)

“Shane’s enthusiasm for the flamethrower dimmed, but he didn’t take it off. That, Clair thought, was because there was something incredibly macho about walking around with flammable weapons that she would never quite understand. If she’d tried it, it would have just made her totally aware of how non-flame-retardant she was.” (Hardback, pg. 26)

No comments:

Post a Comment