Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Novel Review: Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs



Genre: Adult Fantasy/Supernatural (Light Romance - no sex)
Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Penguin (Ace Books)
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Under the rule of science, there are no witch burnings allowed, no water trials or public lynchings. In return, the average law-abiding, solid citizen has little to worry about from the things that go bump in the night. Sometimes I wish I was an average citizen...

Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.

Available on Amazon.

Review:

I’ve been rather pleasantly surprised by this series since it started, it seems. Probably because I was expecting it to be more of a smutty supernatural flick, somewhat like the Anita Blake series, and this is very far from that series, but still.
A little bit into the book, I hit a slow spot (which might actually have been all my fault, not the books’), but once I really got into it, I didn’t want to put it down, and I wanted to start the next book immediately (especially because, apparently, the next book ends the love triangle thing, which I am so excited for).
Mercy faces off with a demon-ridden vampire in this one, which is a lot more complicated than her and her friends thought it would be. There’s a lot of damage done, and a lot of things come out of it, not much of it very good. We find out more about Mercy and her friends, some relationships grow in interesting ways, and the love interests expand maybe a bit, as well as some development with the previous ones (including some kissin').
I love the group of characters in this series, and I’m just really looking forward to finding out what happens with them all next. I’m looking forward to seeing how they all grow, what develops between them, and I’m sure the next book is going to be interesting. I’m really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment