Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Wishlist Thursday[8]: Sankarea: Undying Love, Volume 1, by Mitsuru Hattori



Sankarea, Volume 1, by Mitsuru Hattori

Genre: Zombie Romance

Publisher: Kodansha Comics

Publish Date: June 11th, 2013
Volumes: 7+




Goodreads Synopsis:

“I ONLY LIKE ZOMBIE GIRLS.”

Since he was little, Chihiro has felt an unusual emotional connection to zombie movies. It’s not that he feels bad for the survivors – instead he fantasizes about comforting the poor undead girls they slaughter! When his beloved pet passes away, he decides to brew up a resurrection potion in secret. But he’s discovered by popular girl and local heiress Sanka Rea, whose life isn’t as perfect as it seems… and Furuya suggests that she could serve as a test subject!

Why?:

I’m not usually a very big fan of zombie books, they just don’t really catch my attention, even if I do find them interesting. Last summer, though, my brother got me to watch some of the anime with him (he, himself, had only read some of the manga), and I rather liked it. I haven’t seen all of it, but I did like what I saw, and plan to finish it at some point (but it takes me forever to get around to watching anime/any television show/movies, so it might be a while). I particularly liked how the zombies were portrayed, and am interested to see how that develops; also, I liked the characters, and was looking forward to getting to know them better. The just general concept is intriguing. I don't know how the art is going to look in the manga, and I'm picky about that, but for some reason I don't really think it'll be a problem here; at least, I hope not.
I found out last month, that Kodansha was publishing the manga, and was immediately excited. I’m planning to pick up a copy when I get the chance, and am looking forward to reading it.


So, anything you're really looking forward to reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment