Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Manga Review: Dengeki Daisy, Volume 12, by Kyousuke Motomi



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: VIZ Media (Shojo Beat)
Volumes: 14+
Spoilers?: Some.
VIZ Media Synopsis:


Teru and her friends sneak aboard a yacht in order to save Rena and foil Morizono’s plan to sell the new “Jack Frost” virus. The rescue mission turns out to be more than anyone bargained for, however, when Kurosaki runs into a man who makes his blood turn cold…


Review:

This volume ended one battle, only for a new/old enemy to show up instead. So, the conclusion to Rena’s kidnap and engagement came. It was very exciting, and very well done, as well. I was expecting it to be, but it was still nicely done and thought out. Teru, in particular, had a very nice part in it.
The group gets home, and they celebrate, rejoicing a job well done and all that. Then we meet Kuwagata, also known as Antler, among other names. He’s the one who manipulated Kurosaki into giving over the Jack Frost virus all those years ago, and now he’s back, planning, manipulating, scaring Kurosaki. Kurosaki is freaked out, and trying very hard not to show it, and he does that much better after he has a very sweet, hugging moment with Teru that was just fantastic.
Then the next big hacker problem seems to be finding out M’s Last Testament, which is apparently deeply coded in a chip that Antler sneakily gave Teru. I’m not really sure what the Testament is supposed to be, but it’s big, and has everyone on the edge. Antler tells them some stuff, goading them into doing what he wants, as well as trying to get them pissed off and paranoid about each other. During that, too, I was unsure. I didn’t think it was right, as it was such a surprise to even think about, and I was wondering if the author was really throwing in such a huge curveball. I shouldn’t have been taken so easily, though.
Oh, also, Akira is apparently sick. Kurosaki finds this out by chance, and even helps a little for some reason. It seems like the Enemies don’t have a whole lot of more use for Akira, and Akira knows this, as he disappears from their place of business as Chiharu goes to give him medicine. I’m not really sure what’s going to happen with him, as I’m thinking maybe he’ll join Teru and the others, but that would be a little weird, considering what he’s done. I’m intrigued, though.
Overall, I’m looking forward to whatever happens next. I’m not sure what it’s going to be, but it’ll be drama, and I hope there’ll be more sweet moments between Kurosaki and Teru, and I’m excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment