Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Novel Review: Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Genre: Adult Supernatural Romance
Publisher: Penguin (Ace)
Publish Date: 2010
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Being a mechanic is hard work. Mercy Thompson, for instance, just spent the last couple of months trying to evade the murderous queen of the local vampire seethe. And now the leader of the werewolf pack, who's maybe-more-than-just-a-friend, has asked for her help. A book of fae secrets has come to light and they're all about to find out how implacable - and dangerous - the fae can be.

OK, so maybe her troubles have nothing to do with the job. But she sure could use a holiday...

Something Specific:
Quotes:

  • "'He’s my hero.’ […] ‘That is the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard you say,’ Bran said. ‘Be careful, Adam, or you’ll turn her into a real girl.’ Adam looked at me. ‘I like her just the way she is, Bran.’” (Mass Market Paperback, pg. 93) Just awwww…


The Cover:

This is definitely one of the better covers. I still have a problem with the fact that the model doesn't look much like Mercy, mainly because of the clothes and the tattoos. But the background, and the book work with the contents of this book. And this cover is actually kind of pretty. Overall, a successful cover, in my opinion.

Review:

This series is so good. I only have two more books in it till I’m all caught up, so I’m trying to stretch out the reading time between books, which means that I haven’t gotten the next book yet, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to hold off for very long. I just want to read the next one so badly.
In this book, there were a lot of pack problems and dealings. Which were very good and needed. There was some very good stuff between Adam and Mercy, some of which was also needed. There was also some stuff cleared up with Samuel, which had been talked about and avoided up until now, when it was finally solved. We saw a good amount of Jesse, Adam’s daughter, as well as some stuff with Gabriel, who works for Mercy and is kind of going out with Jesse, and his family, which I am looking forward to finding out more about in the next book. Then there were some fairy problems, which was concluded well, although there will probably continue to be vampire and fairy problems in future books. Bran showed up again, as he always seems to. We also heard from Charles, which was interesting.
A good amount of stuff happened in this book, as it always does. It was all good and interesting, and now I really want to read the next book. Adam and Mercy are getting farther in their relationship, and I’m looking forward to what’s going to happen with them in the next book, although I know there will be other problems. 
This is probably one of my favorite series at this point. I’m really loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment