Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Novel Review: Bound to Please by Lilli Feisty



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Genre: Adult Erotic Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Forever (Grand Central Publishing/Hachette Book Group)
Release Date: 2009
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

FROM FANTASY TO ECSTASY

Ruby Scott is a beautiful, quiet event planner who leads an oh-so-respectable life. Yet the things that go on in her secret fantasies are anything but. She has every intention of keeping her hidden desires under wraps-until she meets a gorgeous, hard-muscled man ten years her junior. Mark St. Crow is a gifted, up-and-coming musician who collects erotic art and loves to "play" women as much as his piano. After one night of uninhibited passion, Ruby realizes there's no turning back. But as she surrenders to her deepest needs and lets Mark control every forbidden thrill, her passion for him builds. Can the wild, intoxicating nights they share lead to a love that will last forever?

Quotes:

  • "'Sometimes a person has to accept who they are before they can share it with someone else.’” (Mass Market Paperback, pg. 196)
  • "'When you give yourself to me, you glow with strength. It’s because you know that, with just one word, I’ll stop. You are comfortable in that power. And it’s a beautiful thing.’” (Pg. 317)

The Cover:

I rather like the cover of this book, surprisingly. It is embarrassing, as in I don't want anyone to see me with it, but I think it looks rather pretty, very fitting, and it's not too risque, which I like.

Review:

I was expecting to like this book, and I did, so it really shouldn’t have taken me so long to finally read it.
I really enjoyed the mix of character development, relationship focus (both romantic and other), and sex. The mix flowed together really well. And this was a really easy read, which was nice.
I liked the characters, all of them. Ruby and Mark were both very nice, I liked how their relationship grew and where they were by the end of the book. There was also some focus on Ruby’s best friend, Meg, and Meg’s husband, Emmett. I actually wanted more of them, wanted to see their relationship growing even more, since we really only got a glimpse of it. I was actually thinking/hoping that this was a series, and that I’d get to see more of the other characters in other books, and was disappointed to find out that it’s not (although I’m still hoping other characters show up in other books, and think that they actually might?).
There wasn’t a lot of angst over the romantic relationship, although there were some misunderstandings and dumb moves because the characters were scared, but I think those were cleared up pretty well.
Next is the sex. The sex was very nice, particularly the kinky aspects. I enjoyed those a lot, although I was hoping for more focus on the D/s parts. 
I really enjoyed this book, a lot more than I thought I would, and hope to read more of Feisty’s books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment