Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Manga Review: No. 6, Volume 3, by Atsuko Asano and Hinoki Kino



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: October 2013
Volumes: 9
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

I’M WITH YOU, NO MATTER WHAT.

On the run from No. 6, Shion begins moves in with Rat in West Block. Though life outside the comfort of the city is a trial, Shion learns to survive. Meanwhile, back in Chronos, the elite core of No. 6, Safu begins to look into his disappearance only to find herself under arrest! And what can Shion possibly do from exile to help his lifelong friend?

Review: 

I’m not completely hooked by this series yet, in the “I need the next volume now” way, but I’m definitely interested. I’m very intrigued by where the story is going.
I’m liking Shion. He’s growing closer to both Rat, who’s making it hard, and Dogkeeper, who’s a little uninterested but obviously growing weak against his persistence. Dogkeeper, for instance, gives him a job washing the dogs. Shion is almost adorable at this point. He hasn’t completely won my heart, but his innocence and genuine happiness and do-gooder attitude just about has me. He is really quite cute.
I’m not sure if this series actually goes into yaoi territory, but it’s already seeming right on the edge. There is obviously an attraction between him and Rat. Safu might mess that up, though.
There was a plot twist with Safu in this volume, and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I guess I’m just not sold on her yet, though. Still, it left us with a cliffhanger, and is very clearly going to upset Shion.
There’s also some very dangerous things happening behind Shion’s back. Rat has proven that he can be quite the merciless manipulator, in a not-good way. That gives me the feeling that bad things are coming from that side, along with the ones from the government and their bug disease.
I’m enjoying this series so far. The plotlines are getting interesting and dangerous, and I’m also starting to get fond of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment