Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Wishlist Thursday[73]: Attack on Titan Guidebook: Inside & Outside, and Attack on Titan: Before the Fall (Novel)



This week is apparently full of Attack on Titan, given yesterday’s review, and now I have two upcoming releases to talk about (from two different publishers, too!).  My collection of Attack on Titan is just ever-expanding, it seems. And I’m loving it.

Attack on Titan Guidebook: INSIDE & OUTSIDE by Hajime Isayama

Publisher: Kodansha Comics

Release Date: September 16, 2014




Goodreads Synopsis:



AN EXCLUSIVE LOOK AT THE CREATION OF EREN & THE TITANS!

This exhaustive guide to the smash hit manga that inspired the sensational anime includes:

   • New exclusive interviews with Attack on Titan creator Hajime Isayama, his editor, and the staff of the anime adaptation
   • Concept art from behind the scenes of the anime and manga, including 16 pages in full color
   • An exhaustive guide to the characters, from life behind the walls to death in a Titan's belly, including new, original art by Isayama
   • Papercraft kit to create your own Colossal Titan head
   • The 54-page, never-before-seen Attack on Titan pilot manga!

GO BEHIND THE WALLS AND DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF ATTACK ON TITAN!



Why?:

I am really excited to see this, and I hadn’t even realized it’s release date was so soon. I own two fanbooks (for Vampire Knight and Fruits Basket), and I’m excited to see what this one looks like, as well as how big it is. I’m loving the world of this series, and the characters, so this is bound to be an interesting book to look through. And I’m already expecting it to be pretty, so I can’t wait to see it.

&

Attack on Titan: Before the Fall (Novel) by Ryo Suzukaze and Thores Shibamoto

Publisher: Vertical

Release Date: September 16, 2014




Goodreads Synopsis:



Light novel prequel to "Shingeki no Kyojin" ("Attack on Titan") by Hajime Isayama.



Why?:

I’ve been enjoying the manga version of this to a surprising extent, and I’m already rather interested and invested in the characters, so I’m looking forward to reading this. I’m interested to see how farther in story it is, how much more there is to the story already there, and how different it is.
I’ve only read one other manga novelization before, and so this is something new for me that I’m excited for. (Although that will probably change in the future, seeing as how many apparent releases like this there are for next year.)

So, are you interested in either of these? What are you looking forward to reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment