Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Manga Review: Attack on Titan, Volume 12, by Hajime Isayama



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: April 29, 2014
Volumes: 14+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 11. 13.

Goodreads Synopsis:

THE CHASE IS ON!
Erwin and the Survey Corps desperately mount a rescue operation to take Eren back from the Colossus Titan and Armored Titan. But without the numbers to form up properly outside the walls, how can the humans catch up before they're all slaughtered? Just whose side is Ymir on? And will Eren ever see his friends again?

Volume 12: Chapters 47-50.

Review:

I just have no idea what’s happening with this series anymore. It’s going in one direction, and then it changes, and then it changes again. I just have no clue.
There was a big titan fight in this volume, mainly Bertolt and Reiner against the others. Ymir’s loyalty is all over the place, mainly to Krista, but now I’m not even sure. I’m just confused as to what Bertolt and Reiner have planned at this point, because I don’t know what their reason for all this is.
There was a rather mean death in this volume, but the whole fight feels very personal. Everyone wants a certain outcome, are working for a certain thing, and I don’t even know what several of their reason’s are.
There’s a sweet moment between Eren and Mikasa, but there’s also a surprising development about Eren that I was not expecting. There are just too many questions at this point! I need some answers. Every volume just brings up new things, and I’m starting to want something answered. Anything, at this point.
Still, this series is ridiculously exciting and surprising. I’m purely enjoying the ride it’s taking me on, and am very excited to read the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment